Sancturay of San Giovanni D’Andorno
The Sanctuary of San Giovanni d’Andorno is situated at an altitude of 1020 metres above sea level in a scenic and dominant position over the Cervo Valley. With spectacular views of its villages and surrounded by unspoilt nature, it is a striking and evocative location that will make your wedding day unforgettable.
The origins of the sanctuary are linked to the spread of devotion to Saint John the Baptist in the Cervo Valley during the 16th century, when a wooden statue of the Baptist was found in a cave, which is now located in a suggestive niche carved out of the rock inside the sanctuary.
The Baroque interior consists of a single large barrel-vaulted nave with two chapels on each side; the paintings decorating the church bear witness to the importance of local artists Bernardino Galliari and Giovanni Antonio Cucchi, while the numerous wooden works were made by the Serpentiere brothers of Sagliano.
A.T.L. Biella Valsesia Vercelli
Tel: +39 0161 58002
December 27, 2022