Castello Visconteo of Vogogna
The castle of Vogogna, built in an elevated position, with its semicircular tower dominates the entire village. The owner of the fortification was most probably Giovanni Visconti, who enlarged the castle in 1348 by adding other buildings to the pre-existing nucleus. The castle was built as a military garrison to defend the entire valley and especially the village of Vogogna.
In 1798 the castle became municipal property and was used as a prison. Closed to the public in 1970, it was reopened in 1998 after restoration work began in 1990. The Castle of Vogogna can be rented and used as a location for weddings, meetings, ceremonies and refreshments of any kind, supported by catering.
Address: Via Castello – 28805 Vogogna (VB)
Tel: +39 0323 30416
December 23, 2022