Parish Church of S. Leonardo in Verbania Pallanza
Pallanza’s historic parish church was built on the remains of an earlier church between 1535 and 1590, as attested by the consecration plaque inside the church. The façade is simple and harmonious. The 65-metre high bell tower was built at different times: the lower section dates back to the 16th century, while the end part, with the dome and lantern, was built in 1689.
The interior space consists of three naves, covered by cross vaults, which are unloaded onto pink granite columns, three polygonal apses and a dome, hidden on the outside by a tiburium. The valuable wooden sculptures – altar, pulpit, choir and baptismal font cover – and the painted canvases date back to the 17th century.
Address: Via San Leonardo 6 – 28922 Verbania Pallanza (VB)
Tel: +39 0323 30416
December 23, 2022