Villa Giulia in Verbania Pallanza
The house that had once belonged to Bernardino Branca (inventor of Fernet, one of Italy’s most famous liqueurs) was bought back in 1880 by his son Giuseppe, who undertook substantial alterations and named it Villa Giulia in honour of his wife. Purchased by the Azienda Autonoma di Cura, Soggiorno e Turismo in 1932, it became the Municipal Casino and, more generally, a ‘meeting place for foreigners’ in 1933.
The villa is currently owned by the municipality and is the venue for cultural events. Civil marriages can also be celebrated at Villa Giulia. The garden, which still contains several important specimens, including a cork oak, is today used as a public park.
Address: Corso Zanitello 8 – 28822 Verbania Pallanza (VB)
Tel: +39 0323 30416
December 23, 2022